PCCOA FALL FOOD DRIVE – YOU CAN HELP….
Parker County Committee on Aging serves 50,000+ Meals on Wheels annually. We also provide food assistance from our food pantry throughout the year to seniors in the city of Weatherford and surrounding Parker County on a need basis and for emergencies. Our food pantry is getting low and it is time to restock the shelves so that we can continue to provide food for our seniors in the coming months.
Bring canned goods and staple-long-shelf-life items to the PCCOA Senior Center at 1225 Holland Lake Drive, Weatherford, Texas 76086
Get involved in your community…..do a good thing…be a part of our food drive….or start your own food drive at your church or work…then bring the food. We thank you!
Please do not bring perishable foods or expired canned items.
Here is a list of needed items:
- Canned vegetables – green beans, corn, peas, blackeyed peas, etc.
- Canned beans > Ranch Style, Pork n Beans, Refried, Pinto, etc.
- Canned meat – chicken, tuna, spam, Vienna sausages, etc.
- Soup – all kinds of soup – and chili > small cans not large > and no broth
- Crackers > Saltine, Ritz, Wheat Thins, etc.
- Peanut Butter & Jelly/Jams > not large jars
- Canned Fruit and/or fruit cups
- Mac N Cheese cups or small boxes of Mac N Cheese
- Instant Oatmeal > individual packs
- Dry cereal > individual serving bowls or smaller boxes (no family size boxes)
- Canned noodles or Rice with meat and sauce > Ravioli, Rice-A-Roni, Spaghetti with meatballs, etc.
- Beanie Weenies,
- Instant Mashed Potatoes > in pouch or small box
- Hamburger Helper
- Dinty Moore Beef Stew > or other brands > in microwavable bowl
- Hormel Compleats, or comparable